Last updated - January 3, 2023
When you sell online you want to give customers maximum information about the products. This is necessary because, unlike in a brick-and-mortar store, your customers do not fully experience your products before they buy them. You need to provide additional information in a structured way so customers are well-informed about many facets of your products. Similarly, you also need to add and manage additional information internally. Fortunately, if you're using WooCommerce, there are several solutions to handle all of this. This article looks at some of the best WooCommerce custom field solutions. If you want to learn more about WooCommerce products, keep reading our guideproduct management.
We've seenHow WooCommerce Product Search Optimization Helps Increase Saleson your store. Basically, custom fields and taxonomies give customers the ability to better research your products. Likewise, the custom order management fields help you organize and centralize your order information. Let's look at some of the popular plugins to help you set up custom WooCommerce fields.
Admin Fields for Custom Orders
This extension helps you to centralize the order information in your WooCommerce dashboard. Basically, with this extension, you can personalize every order in your shop with all the additional information together in one place. This helps immensely in planning your fulfillment strategies. Any additional input from customers, as well as internal notes, will help everyone who takes care of the further steps of each order. The custom order fields prevent you from using order notes for everything. The compartmentalization of information brings better organization to the whole process.
- Add and edit order details on the order page and provide one-stop access for all your team members.
- Option to sort and filter orders based on the custom fields. In addition, you can even show customers the order information.
- If you also want to show customers specific information, select the option “Show in my orders/email”.
- You can even import the custom order fields and import them with a good order import plugin. If you are looking for one, check XAdapter Order/Coupon/Subscription Export Import Plugin for WooCommerce.
- Optimize customer relationship management.
- Improve the overall order management process.
You can purchase the plugin for $99.
ACF Pro has a number of features that will help you a lot in customizing your website or WooCommerce store the way you want. One of the unique features of the premium version is the option to create subfields. These can be repeated multiple times when editing content. In addition, you can use any type of field as a subfield. Overall, it improves customization options very effectively.
- Easily manage a collection of images with ACF Pro.
- Gallery panel to edit and sort multiple images.
- Option to manage content layouts.
- You can create and reorganize subfields as layouts to tailor the content to your specific needs.
- Clone Field is another prominent option that gives you the ability to choose specific fields that the plugin will display when the page loads. You can select multiple fields in a field group to display them together.
- Furthermore, the options page helps you to create additional admin fields to manage the custom fields created by the plugin. You can set it to show on every other page on your website as it is stored inwp_optionsTisch.
- As more and more fields use searches supported by AJAX, the plugin ensures fast page loading. In addition, the plugin allows for easy import and export of fields.
ACF Pro is available in three separate licenses. The Personal option will cost you $49 per year, and the Freelancer and Agency options will cost you $149 and $249, respectively.
RightPress custom fields
The plugin offers great options for WooCommerce owners to create customized products with additional features. It helps to offer customers additional information and ensure a hassle-free checkout. Overall, you can use this plugin to optimize order processing. This has a positive effect on several areas of your company and is also reflected in customer satisfaction.
RightPress WooCommerce Custom Fields Plugin helps to create custom fields in multiple areas – product, checkout, orders, user, etc. This means that you can easily ensure an exchange of additional information with users, what else with the core functions from WooCommerce is not possible. Selling configurable products, product extensions and additional product options becomes particularly easy with this plugin. These features go a long way in ensuring a great customer experience in your store.
- The plugin offers great options to create product addons that help sell more products. For example, you can offer an extended service for a product or accessory at a reduced price, or simply gift wrap.
- Similarly, you can consider customers' suggestions to customize a product. Examples of this are custom-printed T-shirts, a birthday cake with a name on it, or a personalized note on a gift card.
- This customization feature is greatly enhanced with the options to add attachments. This feature allows your customers to upload images or other files that will help personalize the product.
- It even helps with pricing options. You can increase or decrease the price of a product by a fixed value or percentage. Interestingly, you can even plug specific user input into this equation.
- There is also very effective conditional logic that you can apply with this plugin, giving the shop owners a lot of control. This feature allows you to determine which fields should be displayed based on who is viewing them. It can be applied in bulk to all your products or set up exclusively for one product.
- Streamline workflow. By adding additional fields on the order page, you can easily provide valuable information to your customers. For example, you can add shipping tracking information or a product's model number if needed.
- Likewise, the plugin can be used to collect additional information from customers. For example, you can let customers choose a delivery time for their orders from the available slots. Or let them choose an add-on with the product, e.g. B. Express shipping, which you can also charge them.
- In addition, the plugin offers the possibility to avoid creating variations if you only have a few simple attributes like color and size. Instead, you can effectively use WooCommerce Custom Fields plugin to select attributes without wasting time.
The regular license of the plugin is available for $49.
Custom user registration fields for WooCommerce
This plugin allows you to add custom fields to your online store's registration forms. Field types you can create include dropdowns, checkboxes, file uploads, dates, and more. You can easily make the custom fields required or optional according to your business strategy. The plugin also allows you to add user role fields to the registration form for customers to select during the registration process. In addition, you can display fields depending on the user role chosen by the customer. You also have control to allow automatic registrations or restrict them by creating an approval step.
- Add custom fields to WooCommerce registration and login forms.
- Choice of 14 different custom field types.
- Let customers choose a user role during registration.
- Display fields depending on the choice of user role.
- Manual or automatic registration for customers.
- Automatic email notifications.
The plugin costs $49.
Easy Post Types and Fields makes it easy to add custom post types to any WordPress site. It is a powerful and versatile tool for structuring and organizing content in a more flexible and customizable way to create a more interactive and engaging website. This plugin offers a range of field type possibilities including text, image and file uploads that you can add to any WordPress post type and WooCommerce product.
- 2 custom field types: plain text or WYSIWYG (visual editor).
- Allows the creation of an unlimited number of custom post types, each with its own section in the WordPress admin.
- Manage your custom content separately from other WordPress post types.
- Allows the creation of custom taxonomies, which can be hierarchical taxonomies (similar to WordPress categories) or non-hierarchical taxonomies (similar to WordPress tags).
- Can easily be used with Barn2Post-Table ProPlugin for displaying data in the frontend of your website
WooCommerce Product Addons
You can add custom fields to your product pages to allow customers to personalize the products they purchase. The plugin allows you to add various fields including dropdowns, textboxes, checkboxes, price inputs and more. Additionally, the plugin works seamlessly with WooCommerce subscriptions and bookings.
- Allow customers to personalize products with various custom fields on product pages.
- Multiple field types available.
- Image based selection.
- Calculate additional fees based on customers' input choices.
- Easy to install and configure.
This WooCommerce extension offers a great way to manage custom fields on your WooCommerce checkout page. You can add and remove fields in the billing and shipping sections. Also, you can insert fields next to WooCommerce default order notes field. You can create custom fields with text, checkboxes, choices, and date pickers. Additionally, the extension helps reorganize the positions of standard WooCommerce checkout fields.
Once you have the extension set up, you can create three sets of checkout fields. These are billing, shipping and ordering information. The first is in the Payment and Billing Address section of WooCommerce. To create custom fields at this level, you need to enable payment options in your store. To add custom fields in the shipping section, you need to enable shipping options in your store. In addition, there is another section where you can add a custom field. This is after the shipping and billing address section in the checkout process. You can add custom notes alongside order notes. However, you must have Order Notes enabled for this to work.
- Customize your WooCommerce store checkout page.
- Add new fields from a range of custom field types.
- WooCommerce core checkout fields can be rearranged.
- Improve the customer experience.
You can purchase the plugin for $49. continue readinghow to use the Checkout Field Editor plugin in other waysHere.
This plugin helps you create custom fields as well as custom post types and taxonomies. Extremely easy to use, the plugin allows you to manage your custom field requirements without having to write any code. In addition, it has several developer-level tools such as: B. the creator of option pages. Additionally, the plugin allows you to add content and edit it from the frontend.
- Build a powerful set of custom fields.
- Easily rearrange repeater fields with a drag-and-drop interface.
- Create custom post types and taxonomies.
- Create options pages.
- Seamless integration with your themes.
- Add and edit content from the frontend.
There is a Hobbyist version of this plugin for $49 and a PRO version for $139.
This plugin helps you effectively manage WordPress edit screens and custom fields. You can add new fields to the WordPress editing screens with just a few clicks. You can add fields almost anywhere on your WordPress site. These areas include posts, users, comments, taxonomy terms, media, etc. You can view the custom fields in each theme template file. However, you need a little technical understanding to do this.
The simple and intuitive plugin has powerful features and 30+ field types. With over a million active installs, it is one of the most popular WordPress plugins in its category. It also offers seamless integration with WooCommerce, and you can easily add custom fields to your products. Once you have installed and activated the plugin, you can easily create field groups and single fields according to your needs. You can add the value for each of the custom fields from the respective product page.
For example, we created a "Special Label" custom field for a product. And set the position to "high" where it will appear right after the title on the product edit page.
See the following screenshot of the product edit page:
The free plugin from the WordPress repository helps manage the basic functionality related to WooCommerce custom fields. However, if you want more features, there is a premium version of the plugin.
- Add custom fields according to your website needs.
- Over 30 different field types to choose from.
- Fields can be added to posts, users, taxonomies and more.
- Developer friendly.
Metabox is a developer toolkit that can be used to create custom fields and metaboxes. You can add custom fields to your post, page or form and get access to more than 40 different field types. Additionally, the plugin offers internal custom field type customization options that allow you to modify your website as per your need.
- Add custom fields to your WordPress site.
- Large selection of field types integrated.
- Developer friendly with a powerful API.
- Extensions to make it more user friendly.
- Great customization options.
This plugin helps you create custom content types on your WordPress site. You can also add custom fields to any content type on your site. Additionally, the plugin offers the flexibility to display custom fields anywhere on your website using shortcodes. The plugin also offers an extensive collection of field types.
- Create custom content types.
- Create custom fields.
- Choose from a variety of custom field types.
- Extend the functionality of user roles, templates, pages, etc.
This is a simple plugin that allows you to add custom fields to your posts. It has over 14 different field types. Please note that the plugin developers do not offer any support for this. The plugin is pretty easy to use and could be a good option if you only have basic needs.
- Create custom fields in your WordPress posts.
- 14 different types of fields to choose from.
- Easy to use.
Putting things in perspective
In the current business landscape, eCommerce stores are not tied to just one product type. Multiple product types and business types are offered. In particular, WooCommerce has great solutions for different types of product ideas like digital downloads, subscriptions, memberships, services, tours, etc. If you are looking for ideas and solutions for any of these product types, here is a list of articles that will help you. These articles provide detailed advice on the benefits of each of these specific ideas and lists of tools that can help you implement these ideas.
- Things to know about WooCommerce subscriptions
- Insights into WooCommerce memberships
- Tips and tools for selling digital downloads with WooCommerce
The WooCommerce community has many ideas to create and manage different types of businesses. Oftentimes, you may find the core options a bit inadequate to represent your products and orders. WooCommerce Custom Fields are a great option for adding additional information about your products, orders, and checkout. This article has highlighted some of the best tools for creating and managing custom WooCommerce fields on your store. If you're a programmer, you might want to examine some code snippets as well. The rest of us might find these plugins very useful. If you have any opinions or insights, please let us know.
Best Login and Registration Plugins for WooCommerce
- Create a new field group. In your WordPress dashboard, go to the new Custom Fields tab. ...
- Add your custom field(s) Click the Add Field button to add a field to this group. ...
- Configure additional field group settings. ...
- Add information to products. ...
- Display custom field information on front-end.
Conditional checkout fields for WooCommerce enable you to customize your checkout page by adding new fields to collect valuable information from your customers. You can edit, hide, or add custom checkout fields. The custom field option contains field labels, placeholders, maximum lengths, and validations of fields.How do I add a custom field in WooCommerce checkout without plugin? ›
- Step 1: Define an Array of Fields on Checkout Page. ...
- Step 2: Add Custom Fields to WooCommerce Checkout Page. ...
- Step 3: Concatenate Fields as per Requirement. ...
- Step 4: Display Custom Fields on Order Page. ...
- Step 5: Display Fields on Account Page.
- Step 1: Open the designated Checkout Page in Elementor. ...
- Step 2: Remove the WooCommerce checkout shortcode. ...
- Step 3: Drop in the Elementor Checkout widget. ...
- Step 4: Customize the content, style, and advanced features.
Custom Field Suite is a simple, free plugin for enhancing the built-in functionality of WordPress custom fields.Does advanced custom fields work with WooCommerce? ›
You can show the fields for posts, pages, users, and forms. As you'll be showing the advanced form fields to the WooCommerce product pages, set the “Post Type” is equal to “Product“. Alternatively, if you want to be more specific, you can also choose a specific category of products.What is the best free theme for WooCommerce? ›
Astra takes the top spot when it comes to multipurpose themes for WooCommerce due to its excellent performance scores. The other route you can take is to focus on eCommerce features and integration with WooCommerce.What is a hidden product in WooCommerce? ›
More specifically, by WooCommerce hidden products, we mean products that fall under one or more of the following categories: WooCommerce products that aren't visible to some (or all) users in the main shop page or product archives. Products that aren't accessible by a direct URL.How do I create a custom field without plugins? ›
Simply create a new post or edit an existing one. Go to the custom fields meta box and select your custom field from the drop-down menu and enter its value. Click on the 'Add Custom Field' button to save your changes and then publish or update your post.How do I bypass WooCommerce plugins? ›
To override WooCommerce template files in your theme (or better yet, child theme) simply make a folder named 'woocommerce' within your theme directory, and then create the folders/template file you wish to override within it.
- Text – standard text input.
- Password – password text input.
- Textarea – a larger text field.
- Select – a dropdown box with options customers can choose from.
- Multi-select – a box that allows shoppers to select multiple options.
- Radio – a set of radio inputs that customers can choose from.
There are a few ways that you can change the checkout page in WooCommerce without using a plugin. One way is to use the Customizer. Go to WooCommerce > Settings > Checkout and select the tab for the page you want to customize. From here, you can add, remove, or rearrange fields.What is WooLentor? ›
WooLentor is a WooCommerce Page Builder Elementor Addon. WooLentor provides features that will help to create layouts for all the WooCommerce pages with less effort. Some of these include: WooCommerce Page Builder - Build custom Shop, Cart, Checkout, and other WooCommerce pages using the WooCommerce page builder.Can I use WooCommerce without prices? ›
How to add product quick view without prices. Install WooCommerce Quick View Pro on your WordPress site. Go to the plugin settings page at WooCommerce → Settings → Products → Quick view. Activate your license key and disable the 'Show price' and 'Show add to cart button' options.What is the difference between ACF free and pro? ›
ACF Free vs Pro
The free version is sufficient if all you wish to do is save more content data. The Pro edition does have a few useful additions that make it easier for you to use Advanced Custom Fields in novel ways: Repeater fields enable post-by-post repetition of certain fields or groups of fields.
1. WPForms. WPForms is the best WordPress form plugin and the best free form builder for WordPress. WPForms is also WordPress's most popular form builder, with 5+ million active installations and 11,000+ 5-star reviews.Is WP optimize plugin free? ›
WP-Optimize is a free, all-in-one solution to help you clean your database, compress your images, and cache your web pages.Can WooCommerce handle high traffic? ›
WooCommerce can handle thousands of page visits and transactions per minute. Numerous WooCommerce support tons of traffic every minute. As we discussed earlier, WooCommerce itself does not have any limit on the amount of traffic it can support.How do I optimize my WooCommerce site? ›
- Optimize WooCommerce Settings for Performance. ...
- Get a Fast WooCommerce Theme. ...
- Go Easy on Plugins and WooCommerce Extensions. ...
- Increase WordPress Memory Limit. ...
- Compress Images and Optimize Delivery. ...
- Deliver Static Resources via CDN. ...
- Strip Unused Scripts and Stylesheets. ...
- HTTP/2 is Extremely Essential.
- Dokan Multivendor. Dokan Multivendor WooCommerce Plugin. ...
- WCFM Marketplace. WCFM Marketplace WooCommerce plugin. ...
- RMA WCFM for WooCommerce. ...
- MultiVendorX. ...
- WC Vendors Marketplace. ...
- YITH WooCommerce Multi-Vendor / Marketplace. ...
- WooCommerce Product Vendors. ...
Hello Elementor is one of the fastest WordPress themes out there. It's very lightweight with a total page size of 21KB, and it's fully optimized for the Elementor page builder. The theme displays a fully loaded time of just 0.9 seconds and a 99% GTMetrix performance score.Which WordPress theme is the most customizable? ›
- Hello Elementor.
It enables you to activate breadcrumbs for your product pages, in order to improve customer navigation on your site. After installation and activation, you can navigate to Settings > WC Breadcrumbs to customize your breadcrumb trails: The WooCommerce Breadcrumbs settings page.
As a WooCommerce store owner, there are multiple types of free product packages which you can offer your customers. As I mentioned earlier, the success of your WooCommerce free product campaign depends largely on the strategy you choose.How do I stop fake orders in WooCommerce? ›
Use a WooCommerce Fraud Prevention Plugin. The easiest way to prevent fraudulent and fake orders in WooCommerce is by using an anti-fraud plugin. First, you need to install and activate the WooCommerce Anti-Fraud plugin. For more details, see our step-by-step guide on how to install a WordPress plugin.How do I set best selling products in WooCommerce? ›
If you want the rank to be displayed only for best seller products of the category, then select Display only for Best Sellers option. Enable the Display a Hyperlink to the Best Seller Page in Single Product Page option to show the link to best sellers of that category.How do I get top rated products in WooCommerce? ›
Create a “Top Rated” Engine
- Locate the Filters section in the Engine Configuration panel.
- Add a Current Category Filter.
- Select any to recommend products from the currently viewed category.
Once you've installed and activated the free version of Advanced Custom Fields from WordPress.org, go to Custom Fields > Add New to create your first Field Group. As the name suggests, a “Field Group” is a group of one or more custom fields that are displayed together in your WordPress dashboard.Can I install a plugin to WordPress without a business plan? ›
WordPress.com users cannot install plugins unless they upgrade to the business plan which costs about $299 per year. If you are on a free, personal, or premium plan, then you cannot install third-party plugins.Can I create my own plugin? ›
Some coding knowledge will be needed, but it's not terribly hard to learn how to create a basic plugin for your website. This will, among other things, enable you to add more functionality to your content. In this article, we'll take a closer look at WordPress plugins and why you might want to create one.
Types of WooCommerce Vulnerabilities
Since the plugin efficiently handles the customer payments, it is an easy target for the hackers, the websites supported by the plugin mainly stores customer's personal and payment details.
But with WooCommerce, you don't need to worry about your site getting banned or shut down. It's an open-source platform that you can host anywhere you like. So, you have full ownership and complete access to the code. It means there is no way WooCommerce or WordPress can take any action against your online store.Is there an alternative to WooCommerce? ›
Shopify is the best WooCommerce alternative
With a commerce platform like Shopify, you get a full suite of tools with everything you need to run your business now and well into the future.
Custom product fields are additional data points that can be added to products in an online store. These fields allow store owners to collect and display more information about their products beyond the basic details typically included (such as name, price, color, and description).How do I find custom fields? ›
One option is to select 'Any Meta Key' which will make all your custom fields searchable. Another option is to type in the specific custom field that you want to include in your searches. Once you've chosen the custom fields that you want to make searchable, click on 'Done. 'How do I add a custom field to a field catalog? ›
Go to 'Sales and Distribution > Basic Functions > Pricing > Pricing Control' and execute 'Define Condition Tables'. Select 'Conditions: Allowed fields' and enter 'ZZPSTYV' as a new entry. 5. Note: When you create the condition table Annn, you can now use the field ZZPSTYV as a key field.How do I add advanced custom fields? ›
- Log in to your WP install.
- From the Administration Panels, click on the Plugin Menu.
- Under Plugins, click the “Add New” sub menu.
- Search for “Advanced Custom Fields”
- Click the “Install Now” button on the ACF plugin (should be the first one)
Once ACF is uploaded, you will need to activate it by finding it in the list on the Plugins page in your site's Administration area, and clicking on the 'Activate' link. Or you can install it automatically by searching for 'Advanced Custom Fields' under Plugins > Add New in your site's Administration area.Which function is used to add advanced custom field? ›
At the core of the Advanced Custom Fields plugin is the simple and intuitive API. Use functions like get_field() and the_field() to quickly build powerful templates.What are custom fields examples? ›
Examples of custom fields include data such as title, URL, name, timestamp, or any piece of data you want to define on a model.
Adding Custom Fields in WordPress
First, you need to edit the post or page where you want to add the custom field and go to the custom fields meta box. Next, you need to provide a name for your custom field and then enter its value. Click on the Add Custom Field button to save it.
Advanced Custom Fields is a WordPress plugin which allows you to add extra content fields to your WordPress edit screens. These extra content fields are more commonly referred to as Custom Fields and can allow you to build websites faster and educate your clients quicker.How many custom fields can one object create? ›
Custom objects have one or more fields that store data associated with a custom object record. There is a maximum of 1024 fields allowed for a single custom object.How many custom fields are there? ›
There is a 900 maximum hard limit on the total custom fields per object allowed.How many custom fields can I created in an object? ›
An org can't have more than 800 custom fields, regardless of the edition or source of those fields. For example, an Enterprise Edition org can have 500 custom fields per object, and 300 more fields installed from a managed package for a total limit of 800 fields per object.How do I get advanced custom field value in WordPress? ›
To retrieve a field value as a variable, use the get_field() function. This is the most versatile function which will always return a value for any type of field. To display a field, use the the_field() in a similar fashion.Why use custom fields in WordPress? ›
Custom fields are a somewhat more advanced WordPress feature that lets you add extra information to specific posts. That information is called 'metadata'. Custom fields and metadata are of particular use to developers, who can use them to extend posts with all sorts of additional coding.What is the difference between custom fields and advanced custom fields in WordPress? ›
The options page feature in ACF Pro allows you to add extra admin pages to edit ACF fields. Unlike WordPress custom fields, this allows you to create global fields that are not attached to a particular post or page. Instead, the data can be displayed on any page throughout your WordPress site.