The typical fields you have to play with in WooCommerce can work for many different products. However, you may have specific requirements for a specific product in your store. For this you needPersonalized Product Fields Manager Pro(PPOM.) This plugin allows you to insert one of over 30 additional fields for individual products. Our PPOM review will cover this aspect and much more.
In this PPOM review, we will look at almost everything related to the plugin, including how to use it. Our first stop, however, is to discuss what it can do.
📚Table of contents:
What Personalized Product Fields Manager Pro is
Under normal circumstances,WooCommercedoesn't offer potential customers much variety when it comes to customizing an upcoming purchase. On the backend you can addgeneral characteristics and variations, and view them. However, your only option is to use drop-down menus.
Additionally, you cannot further personalize the set of product fields. For additional customization of your product pages you need PPOM:
This plugin allows you to add additional adsCustom Fieldsfor individual WooCommerce products. In fact, PPOM Pro includes over 30 different field types.
For example, you can add additional variation panels like color swatches and palettes, images, and more. This gives your customers a better visual experience and can lead to more sales.
Additionally, PPOM allows you to add fields to further customize products. For example, you can use the font picker to customize the typography settings for a section of text. This is useful if you sell customizable clothing, for example.
In general, PPOM is a great option for any kind of customizable product. For example, if you sell custom smartphone cases, you can allow users to engrave their name on the case, or generally customize the case to their liking.
Later in this PPOM review, we'll show you how to 👨🔧 use the plugin itself. First, let's talk about some of the outstanding features of PPOMs and their costs.
The main features of PPOM
While PPOM is easy to use, it still manages to pack a lot into its feature set.
Here is a brief overview of the main features of PPOM:
- Familiar interface. You use the native WooCommerce interface to add additional product fields. This makes using PPOM quick and easy.
- Over 30 custom field types. With so many field types, it's easy to add the customization needed for your product. Some of the 30+ field types include measurement inputs, color pickers, file uploads, and more.
- Adjust price based on user input. Based on a buyer's input, you can adjust the price of the product. You can even set up more complex pricing rules, such as B. Generating a price based on the length/width dimensions that a user enters.
- Drag-and-Drop-Formularersteller. You can use a drag-and-drop interface to set up the custom input form that will appear on your product page.
- Field Rules and Validation. You can set min/max conditions and other validation rules to ensure customers are entering the correct information.
- conditional logic. You can decide when and where a specific custom field is displayed on your website. PPOM includes extensive conditional logic options in its user interface.
- field access conditions. You can make some/all custom fields available only to certain users based on their login status, user role or other conditions.
- Management of meta fields. You can also use PPOM to add, import, export, and customize meta fields.
- Cart edit feature. PPOM allows customers to edit the custom product fields on the cart page instead of forcing them to delete and re-add the product.
Even better, PPOM offers a variety of price points 💰 for all budgets. We'll look at that next.
PPOM Pricing (and How to Get the Plugin)
First of all there is onefree version of PPOMavailable in the WordPress.org plugin directory. This is a great way to get a feel for the plugin and what it can add to your WooCommerce store.
However, this PPOM review will deal with the Pro version. It offers you an immersive experience and offers three different pricing tiers:
- Essential. For $99 per year, you get 12 months of updates and support, all available custom field options, and the ability to import and export metafields.
- Plus. If you run more than one website, the $199 plan is for you. In addition to additional licenses, you can also use the meta field repeater, add editing functionality in the cart, access the field popup option, and create multiple choice purchase options with the bulk pack.
- VIP. For $399 per year you get everything PPOM has to offer. Besides all the goodies from the previous levels, you can also use the variation set matrix and even a domain checker.
There's a lot to unpack with PPOM, and there's a tier for all budgets. However, whichever plan you choose, the purchase process is exactly the same.
How to buy PPOM
To get a copy of PPOM Pro you need to godedicated page. On the home page, click theshow plansor scroll down to find the pricing table:
You choose your plan with theGetting startedand then fill out the payment screen. Once you're done, you'll have access to the ZIP files you need.
From here you should be installing PPOM Pro - our guide will walk you through the process if you need a reminderhow to install a wordpress plugin. However, you must also install the free version of PPOM. If you don't do this, WordPress will display a warning message:
Once you have both plugins up and running, you can start using the plugin. 🔌 Our PPOM review will cover this next.
PPOM Verification: Using the Plugin
To access most PPOM features, you should go toWooCommerce>PPOM fieldswithin WordPress:
It is your first taskCreate a new metagroup. You can do this with the greenAdd new groupTaste:
This will take you to a screen where you enter all the relevant information for your new metagroup. For example, you add a group name and decide how to display prices on the product page:
From here you can add new custom fields usingAdd PPOM fieldsSection:
The blueadd fieldWith the button you can select from all available fields:
We can't go through all the options here, so you should have thosePlugin documentationopen as you learn what you can achieve.
Your selection opens another dialog where you can customize the field yourself:
Once you've saved your changes, you'll want to return to the main screenPPOM arraysScreen to attach the group to products (via the dedicated button):
Überprüfen Sie hier die Produkte in der Liste und speichern Sie Ihre Änderungen:
To test your new custom fields, go to WooCommerceProducts>all productsScreen. You will see themPPOMColumn that specifies the metagroup that you associate with each product:
When viewing a single product page that uses a custom metagroup, you'll see the new fields on the frontend:
There is so much more to PPOM that we cannot cover everything here. However, the documentation has details when it comes to thosePPOM-Repeater,display conditions, and more.
If you prefer a video overview, you can also watch this YouTube video for a general overview:
How do I add custom product fields in WooCommerce? ›
- Go to the product where you'd like to add a custom field.
- In the Product Data section, click the Product Add-Ons.
- Click 'Add Group' then click 'Add Field'
- Choose the type of field you'd like to add from the 'Field Type' option.
- Astra WooCommerce Theme. Astra WooCommerce Theme is a fast and lightweight WordPress eCommerce theme. ...
- Neve. ...
- SeedProd. ...
- Botiga. ...
- OceanWP. ...
- Divi. ...
- Ultra. ...
- Online Shop Pro.
- All in One SEO.
- Yoast SEO.
- W3 Total Cache.
Too many plugins can lead to security breaches on your site, site crashes, bad performance, slow loading speeds, and more. A good rule of thumb is to never exceed 20 plugins. If your site is hosted on shared or budget cloud hosting, try not to use more than 5 plugins.How do I use advanced custom fields in WooCommerce? ›
- Create a new field group.
- Add your desired custom field(s)
- Configure additional field group settings.
- Add required information to products.
- Display custom field information on the frontend.
Custom product fields are additional data points that can be added to products in an online store. These fields allow store owners to collect and display more information about their products beyond the basic details typically included (such as name, price, color, and description).Which WordPress theme is the most customizable? ›
- Hello Elementor.
Astra is the most downloaded WordPress theme of all time — it's a multipurpose theme offering both free and premium versions depending on your budget and your site's needs. Trusted by major online brands and organizations, Astra is praised for its speed, lightweight build, and power.What is the best host for WooCommerce? ›
- SiteGround (www.siteground.com) SiteGround is one of our favorite all-around WordPress hosting companies. ...
- InMotion Hosting (www.inmotionhosting.com) ...
- A2 Hosting (www.a2hosting.com) ...
- Bluehost (www.bluehost.com) ...
- DreamHost (www.dreamhost.com) ...
- Liquid Web (www.liquidweb.com) ...
- Kinsta (kinsta.com) ...
- WP Engine (wpengine.com)
WooCommerce is the most popular eCommerce plugin for WordPress used by over 5 million websites. It comes with all the powerful features that you need to create an online store. Over the last few years, WooCommerce has established itself as the most dominant eCommerce plugin for WordPress.
What is the most popular plugin for WordPress? ›
- 1 – Yoast SEO. Active installations: 5+ million. ...
- 2 – Akismet. Active installations: 5+ million. ...
- 3 – WP Rocket. Active installations: 1+ million. ...
- 4 – Imagify. Active installations: 400,000+ ...
- 5 – Social Warfare. ...
- 6 – Redirection. ...
- 7 – TablePress. ...
- 8 – Duplicator.
Elementor is one of the most popular WordPress plugins for page building. At its core, Elementor provides a drag-and-drop functionality so users can customize their pages and posts in no time. The plugin also offers more than 100 pre-made page templates to start any type of website.Can WooCommerce handle 1000 products? ›
What is the maximum WooCommerce can handle? Sky is the limit. We've seen instances of shops with 100,000+ products listed, handling thousands of transactions per minute.Can WooCommerce handle 50000 products? ›
Yes, WooCommerce can handle 50,000 products, even more smoothly. Taking into consideration the level of scalability WooCommerce offers, it can handle 50,000 products with ease if it's properly configured and supported by a powerful hosting service.What is the ideal number of plugins for WordPress? ›
You should install as many WordPress plugins as necessary to run your website and grow your business. On average, its quite common for a business website to have at least 20 – 30 plugins. If you're using WordPress to it's full potential and have many advanced features, then this count can easily go into 50+.What are custom fields examples? ›
Examples of custom fields include data such as title, URL, name, timestamp, or any piece of data you want to define on a model.Is Advanced Custom fields plugin free? ›
Custom Field Suite is a simple, free plugin for enhancing the built-in functionality of WordPress custom fields.Why use advanced custom fields? ›
ACF allows you, the developer, to take full control of the WordPress edit screen and tailor the content editing experience around your website's needs! Using ACF, you can add fields in addition to the WordPress visual editor or choose to hide it completely.What are WordPress custom fields? ›
Custom fields are a somewhat more advanced WordPress feature that lets you add extra information to specific posts. That information is called 'metadata'. Custom fields and metadata are of particular use to developers, who can use them to extend posts with all sorts of additional coding.What is the purpose of WooCommerce plugin? ›
WooCommerce is a free WordPress plugin that adds e-commerce functionality to your WordPress website so you can have an online store. With just a few clicks, your WordPress website turns into a fully-functional e-commerce website.
Is WooCommerce a theme or plugin? ›
As we said, WooCommerce is a WordPress plugin. This means that if you have a WordPress site, installing WooCommerce will be as easy as adding any new plugin from your dashboard. "A couple of clicks", and it will create all the key pages and features you need to start your online store. Yes, it's that simple.What is the easiest WordPress theme to use? ›
- Divi – Easiest WordPress Theme For Beginners. Few WordPress themes can ever hope to match Divi's quality and attention to detail. ...
- Jevelin. ...
- Soledad. ...
- X Theme. ...
- Foodica. ...
- Kalium. ...
- Total. ...
This article will explain the 2 main content types (Posts and Pages) and then explore how more content types can be added to WordPress.What do most people use WordPress for? ›
WordPress started out as a blogging platform, so no wonder it's so good for blogging. It's by far one of the cleanest, fastest ways to write and publish blog posts. You can easily manage your content, make changes and keep track of comments. Next to that, there are many plugins dedicated to blogging.What big websites use WooCommerce? ›
- Certified Comic Shop. ...
- Nalgene. ...
- Daelmans Stroopwafels. ...
- Offerman Woodshop. ...
- Garantia. ...
- Atlantic Patio. ...
- April Soderstrom.
- IONOS: Best overall.
- HostGator: Best for security promise.
- Bluehost: Best dashboard.
- DreamHost: Best for Customer Support.
- InMotion : Best for speed optimization.
- MochaHost: Best for risk-free guarantee.
- GoDaddy: Best for database management.
- Hostwinds: Best for simplicity.
The simple answer is, yes, you can build a WordPress site without hosting.What are examples of plugins? ›
Examples include the Adobe Flash Player, a Java virtual machine (for Java applets), QuickTime, Microsoft Silverlight and the Unity Web Player. (Browser extensions, which are a separate type of installable module, are still widely in use.)What is the difference between WordPress and plugin? ›
In general, you use a WordPress theme to change how your site looks and a plugin to add or change functionality on your site.Are plugins worth it on WordPress? ›
No, there is no need to only use paid WordPress plugins on your website. You should only buy premium plugins when you actually need them. There are a lot of great free plugins that have no premium alternative or are much better than their paid alternatives. 2.
What is the best free plugin for WordPress? ›
- MonsterInsights Lite (Free)
- WPForms Lite (Free)
- All in One SEO (Free)
- WP Mail SMTP (Free)
- RafflePress (Free)
- Average user ratings.
- User reviews.
- Active installations.
- Updates and compatibility.
- Support and documentation.
WordPress Hosting from GoDaddy uses servers modified to ensure WordPress websites run smoothly. We also take care of pesky software and security updates, so you don't have to. As for installation, our version of WordPress is not exclusive to GoDaddy; we offer the same version of WordPress as everyone else.What famous sites use WordPress? ›
- TIME Magazine. First on our list of the most popular websites built with WordPress is Time Magazine. ...
- Sony Music. ...
- TechCrunch. ...
- TED Blog. ...
- Vogue. ...
- Yelp Blog. ...
- Microsoft News. ...
- Snoop Dogg.
Theoretically, there is no limit to the number of products a WooCommerce website can handle. There are many instances of stores with tens of thousands of products, which suffer little-to-no adverse effects as a result.What is the disadvantages of using WooCommerce? ›
- It's WordPress Specific. WooCommerce is still a plugin; hence you cannot use it in sites that WordPress doesn't host. ...
- It has Many Expenses. While it's free to download and install WooCommerce itself, some extensions might require payment so your site can operate at optimum capacity.
WooCommerce lets you sell virtual products, which can include any service you might want to sell: coaching, consulting, or even something more specific like web design or massage therapy. Let's look at a couple of ways that WooCommerce can help you make money on WordPress by selling professional services.Can you have 2 shops on WooCommerce? ›
WooCommerce cannot run multiple stores. However you may want to run wordpress as a multisite installation as advised by Esther above, and for each site, you install the plugin once and can control & configure it for all two stores individually from one WordPress admin.Is WooCommerce more expensive than Shopify? ›
As you can see, the cost of starting a basic WooCommerce store is significantly lower than Shopify. WooCommerce also doesn't charge you a percentage fee on transactions which is a very nice perk. Keep in mind that WooCommerce costs start adding up as you purchase paid extensions.How hard is WooCommerce? ›
WooCommerce has become the most popular eCommerce software in the world because it's easy to use for beginners, and it comes with extremely powerful features. Since WooCommerce is open source, not only is it 100% free, but you also get complete freedom and control over your eCommerce website.
How many pages is too many on WordPress? ›
There is no limit on how many pages you create in WordPress and it is possible to create a website with only pages and not using posts at all. Even though pages are supposed to have static content, but that does not mean users can not update them. Pages can be updated as often as user want to update them.How much money can a WordPress plugin make? ›
You can charge anywhere from $20 – $200/hour, which can leave you a pretty solid income if you're getting regular customization requests. The hourly rate depends on the customer's geolocation, their budget, the complexity of the customization, and what alternatives the customer has if they don't hire you.How much do plugins cost on WordPress? ›
We found that the average price WordPress users can expect to pay is $138. While this may seem like a lot of money to spend on one plugin, prices for individual plugins can range from as little as $15 to upward of $200.How to display custom field value on WooCommerce product page? ›
- Create a new field group.
- Add your custom field(s)
- Configure additional field group settings.
- Add information to products.
- Display custom field information on front-end.
- Step 1: Add Data in a Custom Session, on 'Add to Cart' Button Click. ...
- Step 2: Add Custom Data in WooCommerce Session. ...
- Step 3: Extract Custom Data from WooCommerce Session and Insert it into Cart Object. ...
- Step 4: Display User Custom Data on Cart and Checkout page. ...
- Step 5: Add Custom Data as Metadata to the Order Items.
Adding Custom Fields in WordPress
First, you need to edit the post or page where you want to add the custom field and go to the custom fields meta box. Next, you need to provide a name for your custom field and then enter its value. Click on the Add Custom Field button to save it.
- Log in to your WP install.
- From the Administration Panels, click on the Plugin Menu.
- Under Plugins, click the “Add New” sub menu.
- Search for “Advanced Custom Fields”
- Click the “Install Now” button on the ACF plugin (should be the first one)
After activation of the Custom Fields for WooCommerce extension, you can find the “Custom Fields” menu under WP Admin. Click to view settings.How do I create a custom field? ›
- In Grid view, select Add column > New field.
- Choose a field Type: Important: A custom field's type cannot be changed after it's created. If a custom field is the wrong type, delete the field, then create it again using the correct type.
- Enter a Field name, then select Create.
To get started, install and activate the WooCommerce Extra Product Sorting Options plugin to your WordPress website. Once the plugin is activated, head over to Appearance > Customize > WooCommerce > Product Catalog. Here, you'll see a few different options to configure product sorting on your main shop page.
How do I customize the product page code in WooCommerce? ›
- Log into your WordPress site files.
- Go to /wp-content/, then /plugins/.
- Open the /Woocommerce/ folder, then open /templates/ and finally /cart/.
- Select the file called cart. php and open it in your text editor.
- Open the single. php file or page. ...
- Find the_content function so you can list your custom field data after the actual content of the post or page.
- Use the get_post_meta function to fetch custom field values using their meta key then list them using PHP echo.
Using the Product Import Export plugin for WooCommerce, you can upload all the products and product types (simple, variable, grouped, and external) in bulk with incredible ease. Most people opt for maintaining a spreadsheet, CSV, or XML file of product data.How do I bulk edit a product attribute in WooCommerce? ›
- WordPress Dashboard > WooCommerce > Bulk Edit Products.
- WordPress Dashboard > Plugins > Installed Plugins > Bulk Edit Products, Prices & Attributes for WooCommerce > Bulk Edit Products.
Manually Add a Variation
- Select Add variation from the dropdown menu, and select Go.
- Select attributes for your variation. ...
- Edit any available data. ...
- Select Save changes.
Examples of custom fields include data such as title, URL, name, timestamp, or any piece of data you want to define on a model.How do I get advanced custom field value in WordPress? ›
To retrieve a field value as a variable, use the get_field() function. This is the most versatile function which will always return a value for any type of field. To display a field, use the the_field() in a similar fashion.What is the use of custom field in WordPress? ›
Custom fields are a somewhat more advanced WordPress feature that lets you add extra information to specific posts. That information is called 'metadata'. Custom fields and metadata are of particular use to developers, who can use them to extend posts with all sorts of additional coding.